Sunday 3 August 2008

About water. Water, as in being immersed in it, spelled SWIMMING! I love love love swimming. I usually tell people that I prefer wild water. By that I mean outside water, rivers, lakes, the ocean. I moved to the Okanagan 12 years ago. Of course no coincidence that it is a valley situated along a very long lake, 70 miles to be exact, and a lake with many beaches. Oh the luxury of saying to myself, "now which beach will I swim at today?" Waves the more the better, strong current yahoo! I don't clock myself, go for speed or distance. I swim for the sheer pleasure. It is one of the ultimate sensuous pleasures in my life. Oh to slip into a body of water and feel all that silkiness surround me. I do like to be in deep waters , over my head deep. I like to swim against the current and feel the strength of my muscles.
When I speak of a great beach I mean what it is like in the water not actually on the beach. How clean the water is, clear of under water rocks and weeds, the wave action and all that sort of thing. Just in case you astrological types are wondering I am not even a water sign! I am a earth sign and in the Chinese horoscope I am a fire dog.

7 comments:

DJ Kirkby said...

Stoppit! You are making me homesick!

Casdok said...

Dj im not surprised you are home sick! Sounds wonderful!

Lady in red said...

welcome to blogland Jenna I am sure if you are anything like dj you will soon have many blog friends

LiR

aka k said...

welcome tp blogland and to England. I hope you enjoy your stay in both!

Deborah Rey said...

No more, no more, you make me homesick, too!

Jenna said...

dj kirkby: homesick is not necessarily a bad thing it makes for great memories and writing material!

casdok: as we say back home:
"super natural B.C.!"

lady in red: Oh I hope so! Still pretty green at this though lots to learn.

aka k: Thanks! Much enjoying both!

debroah rey: Where are you from then? Right got it should find out that info on your blog.

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I love water and swimming too, but mostly, these days, I just get to look at it. My husband doesn't swim and doesn't like to get wet!